Nights In Lankhmar
Chargen Cheat Sheet
You get 84 build points to spend to build your character.
You can split a die, so 1 die (1D) can become a +1 and a +2, or +1 +1 +1.
Three pips (bonuses) = 1D, so: (3D+1) + (+2) = 4D.
Purchase in order (more or less):
1) Racial package (usually 2 – 4 points)
2) Attributes: 1D = 4 build points (i.e., 3 pips = 4 build points)
- Suggest 17 to 19 dice in Attributes, max 19 dice.
- (Sorcerers/Priests need to buy paranormal trait so will spend more dice)
- Min: 1D+2, Max: 4D+1
3) Skills: 1D = 1 point, & Specializations: 3D = 1 point
- If you have Sorcery or Supplication attribute at 2D+1 or more gain 2 non-specialty skill dice to spend in the following: Healing, Read/Write, Speaking, Scholar, Investigation
- Can put dice in different skills, split the dice into pips, etc.
- Same goes for Specialization dice
- Cannot specialize in any Sorcery or Supplication skills.
- People with the Sorcery attribute should spend some skill points in the Sleight of Hand speciality Arcane Gestures.
- Can spend just pips on a Skill/Specialization, e.g., can spend +2 pips on Hide
- Do NOT need a “general” Skill to have a specialization skill
- Maximum bonus of +3D overall (general + specialization)
- E.G.: If you added 2D+2 to Melee you can only have +1 in Spec Melee: Daggers
- Starting Maximum Roll: 4D+1 Attribute + 3D skill/spec. bonus = 7D+1 max
4) Advantages: Up to 2 points worth initially — can buy more with Disadvantages
- People with the Sorcery attribute would greatly benefit from the Patron or Contacts Advantage at Rank 2. (Makes sense for Supplication as well but is less vital.)
5) Disadvantages: Up to 10 points worth. 1 point in Disadvantage = 1 build point.
You can spend these build points as normal keeping in mind the Attribute/Skill caps
- people with the Supplication attribute must have at least one Rank in the Devotion disadvantage and the Employed disadvantage — but first rank doesn’t count against 10 point cap
Ads/Disads might put you over the dice cap (e.g. Trademark Specialization) which is OK.
MOVE: 10, modified by advantages/disadvantages.
BODY POINTS: Roll Physique and add 20 to the result. Treat the Wild Die as a normal die for this roll.
BASE DAMAGE: Count the dice in your Lifting skill (drop the pips) and divide by 2, round up. Example: 5D+2 Lifting would be (5 / 2) 3D Base damage.
MONEY & GEAR: To be determined, but will be based on the Trading skill.
CHARACTER POINTS: 5